The Data Analyst will be responsible for data interpretation, providing business and technical guidance and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. Position will be remote but does require travel to the corporate office in Orange County, CA.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform data analytics to ensure data accuracy. (business and technical compliance).
- Performed analytics using government program or other internal/external data.
- Responsible to stage internal/external data and present any exceptions or findings to stakeholders.
- Responsible for Data Mining, Mapping, Analysis, Transforming, Cleaning, Manipulating and Reporting throughout all form of Healthcare data.
- Identify data trends and patterns and present findings.
- Produce summaries of key data populations.
- Responsible for producing final data mapping documentation and requirements.
- Provide guidance to Data Operation Dept.
- Responsible for support and answer business questions and provide guidance to internal teams and/or customers.
Minimum of a BA/BS degree - preferred but not required in Mathematics, Computer Engineering, IT, or related fields. Comparable experience will be considered for qualified candidates
- 2+ years’ of experience in Data Mining, Mapping, Analysis, Transforming, Cleaning, Manipulating and Reporting. 3+ years’ of experience in Healthcare Data Analyst role including familiarity with Claims and Encounters, Rx-Claims, Eligibility, CMS data like MMR, MOR.
- A strong candidate would be the one who can take raw healthcare data and convert it into a actionable business decision making information.
- 3+ years of experience in HEDIS and Star Measures, Risk Adjustment Experience is required.
- Client/Executive Facing Experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL queries including ability to write complex queries to process and view data.
- The Candidate must have strong attention to detail, excellent oral and written skills.
- The Candidate must be able to collaborate in the team effectively with direct and indirect reports.
- The Candidate should be able to take initiative and proactively offer suggestions and resolutions.
- The Candidate must be proficient in MS SQL Server platform, preferably in Management Studio, must have handson experience in transforming, cleaning, and manipulating raw data and have hands on experience with Microsoft SQL including ability to write complex queries to process and view data.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tool will be a plus.
A qualified candidate will be able to lead these efforts from any geographic location in the United States. The Advantmed corporate office is in Santa Ana, CA, easy access to this location will be important.
Dependent on experience
Bonus Opportunity is 10% annually
Health, Dental, Vision, benefits
Optional 401k Profit Sharing Plan.