Medical Record Technician – Montana
Founded in 2005 and based in Santa Ana, California, Advantmed, LLC is a healthcare information management company that helps health plans and managed care organizations optimize revenue and improve quality outcomes.
Advantmed partners with managed care organizations to deliver the optimal combination of capabilities unique to each organization needed to achieve the objectives, including risk analytics, software containing NCQA-certified HEDIS ® measures, medical record retrieval, medical record abstraction, risk adjustment coding and provider education.
Job Role & Responsibilities: Medical Record Technician
Travel to various medical facilities and hospitals assigned by the company's MRT logistics team to scan patient records. This position is seasonal and part to full time, with the possibility of extension based on project needs. Technicians will use a company laptop and portable scanner to retrieve sections of medical records which will be uploaded into a database.
This is a great "foot-in-the-door" position for those looking to be involved in the emerging Healthcare & Technology industry.
* Must have a current State Driver’s License
* Must have a personal vehicle and current insurance under your name
* Clean Motor Vehicle Record
* Must have internet access at home
* Must be willing to drive at least 80 miles
* Must have excellent PC skills and familiarity with office equipment usage such as scanners and flash drives. Knowledge of file copying, sharing and transfer is required. You will be working with various EMR systems and will need to be comfortable navigating software that is unfamiliar to you.
*Must have intermediate knowledge of medical chart structure, content and medical terminology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Compliance with maintaining confidentiality of patient health information
* Strong professional presentation skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
* Ability to identify elements of a medical record's structure and content
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Having a smartphone with a GPS is a huge help for navigating and job-related communications
$10.00 hourly OR $1.75 per chart depending on performance. We also provide mileage-based reimbursements.
Areas we are hiring in:
Kindly share your updated resume while applying for the job opening.